Sunday 28 August 2011

Making plans

After the promo work for Community 2 settles down I'm looking at doing some archival releases of Tasmanian music, most likely compilations, as they document and expose the widest spread of music with my somewhat limited resources. Would also like to do some vinyl (if the exchange rate with the USA stays OK), probably 7" singles with freakin' natty artwork. There's an unreleased Frustrations album that I plan to do one day, but it would be good in the long run I guess that Rough Skies wasn't just a vanity label.

I'd like Community to be a continuing series of documenting contemporary Hobart music that I dig, but I'm thinking that it may not always be a compilation CD. Perhaps some sort of long form DVD or (probably a cheaper option) a series of linked YouTube videos. The Frustrations were on a compilation 7" of Australian bands doing short songs a few years ago, could be an interesting idea to get local bands to compose short songs for something similar. Even had the idea of compilation as the soundtrack to a book/fanzine about living in Hobart or with a calendar with a band for each month...er, maybe that last idea was the result of an overexcited internal brain-storming session while at my day job. Either way I'd be happy having this record label having some sort of long term positive influence of my hometown's music scene.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home